Acudetox is an OPEN group and is accesible through all ASYR programs.
For a definition of open and closed groups, see the Groups Page.
Looking to create feelings of calmness and balance for the mind, body and spirit?
Acupuncture is a therapy rooted in the art of ancient Chinese Medicine, developed over 3000 years ago. It involves the gentle placement of five small needles in specific sites of the ears, which promotes the internal healing of the body. It is safe and effective.
The number of sessions is individually determined. Many have reported relief of negative symptoms with just one treatment. There is evidence that treatments have a cumulative effect so it is useful to repeat the treatments over several days or weeks.
What is Acudetox?
- ACUDETOX is a non-verbal process that does not require extensive interviews, disclosure of personal information or an assessment in order to begin.
- This service is immediate, tangible and visible. It can be provided as an initial treatment program to establish a bonding relationship of confidence and trust.
- ACUDETOX can help provide relaxation and a sense of “letting go” of tension and apprehension. There is evidence that treatments have a cumulative effect so it is useful to repeat the treatments over several days or weeks.
- ACUDETOX can promote a sense of comfort in relationships with others and oneself.
- ACUDETOX can be effective, regardless of motivation. It is most effective combined with other addiction counselling, and may provide the willingness to try them.
How to Prepare for Acudetox:
- A light meal is recommended before the session begins. Try to avoid caffeine drinks and nicotine before the session to make the experience of acupuncture more enjoyable.
- Sit comfortably with legs and arms uncrossed, and breathe slowly and calmly.
- ACUDETOX can take from 30 - 45 minutes, so enjoy this quiet time to practice relaxation, mindfulness or any other meditative strategy.
If you are interested in attending this group please discuss with your counselor for a referral .