Are you pregnant or have a child age 0-6?
Are you concerned about your drug or alcohol use?
At ASYR we focus on you, not just the addiction. You are bigger than your addiction. You are not defined by your addiction.
We understand controlling the use of drugs or alcohol can be difficult without support. We also know the stigma you may be feeling. We believe in hope, respect, understanding your strengths and valuing your choices.
Did You Know? There is no known amount of alcohol that is safe to consume during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. We recognize that women may use drugs or alcohol to cope with difficult situations and are here to help you work through it.
What We Offer
The Umbrellas Program offers information on:
- How using drugs, alcohol or medication affects a baby
- How to stop using drugs or alcohol
- Should you stop using prescribed medications
- If it is more dangerous to stop than to keep using drugs or alcohol
As well as:
- Parenting and Substance Use Group
- Working with you to create a treatment program to meet your goals
- Contact with other services, such as financial assistance
- Collaborate with York Region Children's Aid Society (YRCAS)
We Also Offer
The Bridges to Moms Program:
- A partnership with the Black Creek Community Health Centre and the Jean Tweed Centre
- In addition to providing counselling and support services based on principles and values of the Umbrellas Program the BTM program offers the unique Moms and Kids Too Treatment Program:
- A Family-Centered, mother and child focussed, 7 week program (3 days/week)
- Breakfast and lunch are provided
- Group counselling, parenting workshops, childcare, parenting support
- Information and referrals
How the Program Works
- The Umbrellas Program, as well as the BTM Program, fast-tracks access to appointments (there is no wait list).
- You will meet with a counsellor who will evaluate your situation and work with you to develop the best treatment plan.
- You will be given access to information such as pre-natal and post-natal care, domestic violence, drugs and their effects, and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
- You will have individual counselling sessions to work on your treatment plan.
To access this service:
Contact an Intake Coordinator at 905-841-7007 ext 322
or 1-800-263-2288 ext. 322
Monday 9am - 5pm
Tuesday - Thursday 9am - 7pm
Friday 9am - 4:30pm
Bridges to Moms Program Contact:
Tharshiga Elankeeran, M.A at: 647-883-0119
The following groups can be accessed through the Umbrellas Program:
Who We Help
- Women who are pregnant
- Women with children under six-years-old
- Women concerned about their drug or alcohol use
How We Help
The Umbrella Program offers:
- Confidential Counselling
- Home Visits
- Financial Assistance
Where We Help
ASYR services all of York Region. Our offices can be found in:
- North York