#bethinkFull Stress Relief Tips
thinkFull is a stress management app that provides daily wellness tips. It was created by Telus in partnership with mindyourmind and other partners.
Here are some stress relief tips:
- Ask for help if you need it. Stress can keep building and sometimes you need someone to help guide through it.
- Gratitude is an important part of resiliency. Take a minute to think about 1-2 things you’re thankful for.
- Write down any concerns to clear your mind. This can help before bedtime so you don’t get stuck thinking the same worries.
- Try to be on time and prepared for an obligation today. This may help you to feel less stressed.
- Take a chance on someone you trust and try being vulnerable with them. Great relationships are based in truth and trust.
- Breathe slowly and deeply for a couple of minutes. Put a hand on your stomach and focus on slowing down your breathing.
- Think of 3 simple things that make you feel good. It could be a food you like or reading a book. Give yourself time to do them.
- Organize something—your desk, your notes, your music—try to think about only the task at hand for a few moments.
- Invite a friend to coffee and discuss whatever’s on your mind. Current events, good memories, or concerns you want to chat about.
- Create a daily to-do list. What’s your top priority? What steps can you take to lead you towards those goals?
- Post little notes of your strengths in a place where you can see it. Add to it as you discover more about yourself.
- Meditate. Sit up straight with your feet flat and close your eyes. Focus on and repeat a positive phrase in your mind.
- Go to a funny movie, or chat with a friend about a memory that was really funny. Relax in the moment, laugh loudly.
- Keep a notebook for ideas on-hand. You never know when inspiration will strike, or you want to remember some-thing for later.
- Ask someone for their opinion or advice about a situation. Seeking social support from other people can be helpful.
- Do 10 jumping jacks. This will increase the circulation in your body, raise your heart rate a bit and help you refocus.
- Doodle on a page. Make a flowing design that calms you rather than one that matches your emotions.
- Find a smell that comforts you. Whether it’s a cup of coffee or a lavender-scented cloth, breathe it in and relax.
- Lose yourself in a daydream. Day-dreaming actually has benefits to the mind—giving us a brief moment to relax or rest.
- Fill a jug with water to drink through-out the day. Dehydration can affect mental and physical performance.
- Write 3 things that you like about yourself. Think about what you are good at and praise yourself.
- Reduce the amount of caffeine in your day. Too much can increase anxiety. Don’t forget caffeine is in chocolate and pop too.
- Disconnect from your technology. Focus on being present in the moment without distractions and interruptions.
- Sleep is very important to our physical and mental health and 7 hrs/night is recommended. Try going to bed 1/2 hr earlier each night.
- If you are feeling spread too thin, try saying no to the next request of your time. Limit where you focus your energy and time.