Education Group (Virtual)
Tuesday, November 23, 2021 –
The purpose of the Education Group is to provide participants with a supportive environment where they can acquire new information and awareness about their substance use. These are CLOSED groups, with 15 participants per group. At the end of the cycle, participants who have completed all 4 sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Who can attend?
This group is only open to primary clients at the agency, not family members.
How to join the Group
- External referrals: Clients are referred into the Adult Program through the intake. Intake will place clients into the Adult Orientation Calendar for a time slot (for the client to get orientated to the Adult Program). After orientation and screening, client will be placed on the corresponding waitlist for counselling services and education group, or just for education group (according to clients needs and desire).
- Internal referrals: Counsellors will e-mail the Screening Facilitators along with the Adult Program Supervisor, client’s name, catalyst number, e-mail address, and phone number. The file will be opened in the adult program for the education group waitlist.
Each cycle is divided in 4 modules (1 per session):
- Understanding substance use and addiction
- Substance use and mental/physical health
- Substance use and emotions
- Recovery and relapse
If you are interested in joining this group from another program, please connect with your counsellor to see if this group is a good fit for you.
Important Note: Calendar dates & times may be subject to change. Please confirm with your counsellor.