EYRND OHT COVID-19 Response Communication
EYRND OHT COVD-19 support services for vulnerable populations
To ensure the basic needs of our community’s most vulnerable population continue to be met the Eastern York Region North Durham (EYRND) Ontario Health Team (OHT) and other local agencies have come together to create a simple one-stop shop for high-risk individuals and their health care providers to access essential services during COVID-19.
Agencies include Alzheimer Society of Durham Region, Alzheimer Society of York Region, Brock Community Health Centre, Carefirst, CHATS, Community Care Durham, Durham Region, Entité 4, LOFT Community Services, Markham Stouffville Hospital, Region of York, SE Health, York Support Services Network and Krasman Centre.
Together, we have identified priority populations and service needs, building on existing community supports and implementing innovative measures to help older adults and vulnerable adults with disabilities, including mental health and addictions, and dementia and their caregivers manage through the pandemic and social isolation.
Identified Priority Populations:
- Seniors and frail elderly including those who are isolated with complex care needs
- Marginalized people in quarantine and self-isolation including adults and families
- Newly discharged patients and clients at risk of returning to hospital
- Older adults who become ill while in the community
- Informal caregivers overwhelmed by additional challenges of caring for loved ones while sheltering at home
- Local transportation to medical appointments
- Telephone security and wellness checks
- Social work and counselling services
- Caregiver support services
- Meals on Wheels
- Grocery and pharmacy shopping, pick up and delivery
- Personal support and homemaking services
- Care coordination
*Note: Fees may be associated with some of the above listed services.
HOW DO I MAKE A REFERRAL?
To make a referral for a person in need or yourself, call 1-877-452-4287 or visit https://eyrndoht.covidresponse.ca/
An intake specialist will triage the request and refer individuals to the appropriate agencies based on client need, language and geography as well as capacity and resources at the agencies.
To make a referral for COVID-19 Support Services: