Free NALOXONE Training
ASYR and York Region Public Health are collaborating together to provide FREE Naloxone Nasal Spray training.
Clients, friends and family members are welcome to attend the training.
OHIP is NOT required.
Complete training and a FREE Nasal Spray Naloxone Kit provided.
- Tuesday, January 23, 12pm – 3pm (Thornhill Clinic)
- Thursday, January 25, 9am – 12pm (Aurora Clinic)
- Monday, January 29, 9am – 12pm (Aurora – Main Office)
- Monday, January 29, 12pm – 4pm (Aurora Clinic)
- Wednesday, January 31, 3:30pm – 5:30pm (Thornhill Clinic)
- Thornhill Clinic Location: 7335 Yonge St., Thornhill
- Aurora Clinic Location: 25 William Graham Dr., Aurora
- Aurora Main Office Location: 14785 Yonge St., Unit 210, Aurora
What is Naloxone?
Naloxone is a medication designed to rapidly reverse opioid overdose. It is an opioid antagonist—meaning that it binds to opioid receptors and can reverse and block the effects of other opioids. It can very quickly restore normal respiration to a person whose breathing has slowed or stopped as a result of overdosing with heroin or prescription opioid pain medications.
National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2018