Concurrent Disorders Group
Who We Help
The Concurrent Disorders Group is a CLOSED group and must be joined at the beginning of its cycle.
The group is open to ASYR clients with serious mental health and substance use concerns that would benefit from an integrated treatment approach.
How We Help
The Concurrent Disorders Group is a 10-week closed group that focuses on discussion around issues related to substance use and mental health as well as how these issues affect each person’s quality of life. The group provides an interpersonal environment designed to assist individuals to become aware of their own experiences of concurrent disorders as well as any unhelpful patterns of behavior and encourages participants to practice effective ways of interacting with others while developing new skills.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction and Opening Material
- Defining Concurrent Disorders
- Safety Planning and Coping with Concurrent Disorders
- Healthy Relationships
- Enhancing Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
- Emotion Identification and Expression
- Emotion Regulation Skills
Where We Help
- The Concurrent Disorders Group meets weekly at our Aurora office.
- Please check our program calendar for dates and times.
If you are interested in joining this group, please connect with your counsellor to see if this group is a good fit for you. A referral from your counsellor is required.