Who We Help
The Education Group is an OPEN group and can be joined at any time.
It is available to ASYR clients who are 25 years and older.
How We Help
The Education Group offers a supportive environment where participants can acquire new information and awareness about their own substance use. The group is held on an ongoing basis. The topics covered that relate to substance use include:
- The relationship between substance use, behaviours and mental health
- Understanding addiction and substance use problems
- Understanding triggers and cravings
- Substance use and the body
- Relapse prevention and recovery
- Substance use and emotions
Where We Help
- The Education Group meets weekly at our Aurora office.
- Please check our program calendar for dates and times.
This group is a requirement for individuals accessing counselling services in the Adult Substance Use Program.
If you are interested in joining this group from another program, please connect with your counsellor to see if this group is a good fit for you.