Focused Meditation Group
Who We Help
The Focused Meditation Group is an OPEN group and can be joined at any time.
It is available to any client of ASYR over the age of 16 and accessible through all ASYR programs.
How We Help
Focused Meditation is considered an effective mode to help manage anxiety, stress, somatic pain and reducing cravings.
Meditation is a means of transforming the mind. It leads to a state of consciousness that brings serenity, clarity, and bliss. Meditation practices purportedly help develop focus and sustain attention; cultivate feelings of compassionate concern for self and others. The goal of meditation is to focus and quiet your mind, eventually reaching a higher level of awareness and inner calm.
Focused Meditation Group is based on Vipassana (insight) Meditation.
- The session starts with Baroque music or spiritually evoking music to calm the mind.
- Stage two starts with simple relaxation or mindful breathing which helps in oxygenation and improves attention span.
- Stage three begins with loving-kindness meditation which is geared to augment empathy.
- Stage four involves meditation for pain relief in order to cope with somatic pain and auto regulation.
Where We Help
- The Focused Meditation Group meets weekly our Aurora office.
- Please check our program calendar for dates and times.
If you are interested in joining this group, please connect with your counsellor to see if this group is a good fit for you. A referral from your counsellor is required.