GAIN Group Assessment
Who We Help
You may be referred to the Global Appraisal of Individual Needs (GAIN) group at the point of Intake as your first phase of service.
You may also be referred to this group by your counsellor at any point during your treatment.
How We Help
GAIN is a comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessment designed to be used in clinical settings, and supports treatment planning, performance monitoring, and program planning. The assessment is completed in a group format, and is completed on the computer. It covers the following areas:
- Substance use
- Physical health
- Risk behaviours and disease prevention
- Mental and emotional health
- Environment and living situation,
- Legal, vocational, and recency, breadth, and prevalence issues
Where We Help
- GAIN group sessions are held at our Aurora office.
- Please check our program calendar for dates and times.