Smoking Cessation Group
Who We Help
Smoking Cessation is a CLOSED group and must be joined at the beginning of its cycle.
It is available to any client of ASYR who is 18 years of age and older and is facing the challenges associated with substance use, and/or problem gambling issues in addition to wanting to make changes to the harmful use and impacts of smoking in their lives. A long-term goal of abstinence to smoking is required.
How We Help
Topics covered during the group-based treatment sessions include:
- Psycho-education about smoking and cessation
- Mini homework assignments and review
- Processing cravings and feelings
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (gum, lozenge, inhaler and/or patch) is provided to clients
The group meets weekly (for 12-weeks). An orientation session is required prior to joining this group.
Where We Help
- Smoking Cessation group sessions are held at our Aurora office.
- Please check our program calendar for dates and times.
If you are interested in joining this group, please connect with your counsellor to see if this group is a good fit for you. A referral from your counsellor is required.