Youth Substance Use Group
Who We Help
The Youth Substance Use Group is an OPEN group and can be joined at any time.
It is available to youth between the ages of 16 and 24 who are unsure of their substance use goals and who prefer a group treatment environment.
How We Help
- The goal of the group is to provide education and support to youth through a harm reduction lens.
- There is a “Rolling Intake” process to minimize wait times.
- Understanding Substance Use
- Harm Reduction
- Healthy Relationships
- Emotional Awareness and Values
- Emotional Regulation
- Decision Making
- Combating Boredom
Do I have to share?
You are welcome to share as much or as little as you’d like – there are always opportunities to “pass”!
Do I have to stop using to come?
We ask that you try to refrain from using any substances immediately before group, while recognizing that not every group member’s goals are to stop using.
What is the wait for services?
We offer a “rolling intake”, so that there is an opportunity to begin attending the group every other week.
Do I have to pay?
No, this group is government-funded and free for youth.
Will this fulfill my requirements for court?
While individual situations may vary, we are happy to provide letters for court verifying your attendance at the group.
Is there a commitment for attendance?
No – feel free to come to whichever topics you think would be the most helpful to you.
Where We Help
- The Youth Substance Use Group meets weekly at our Aurora office.
- Please check our program calendar for dates and times.