NYTHP Community Support for Frail & Vulnerable Populations
As part of the North York Toronto Health Partners OHT response to the pandemic, some of the Community Support agencies in the North York Toronto Health Partners OHT (Better Living, Carefirst, LOFT, Lumacare, North York Seniors Centre) are working together to provide coordinated support and services to frail and vulnerable clients based in the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The working group identified the following as high risk populations:
- Seniors and frail elderly including those who are isolated
- Marginalized people in quarantine and self-isolation including adults and families
- Newly discharged patients and clients at risk of returning to hospital
- Clients who become ill while in the community
- Transportation to medical appointments*
- Telephone security and wellness checks
- Meals, grocery and comfort package delivery*
- Pharmacy delivery*
- Personal Support, Home Making and Laundry Services*
- Social Work and Counselling Services
- Care Coordination
- Behavioural consultation for adults with responsive behaviours
*Please NOTE: some services require a co-pay.
The central number for the COVID-19 NYTHP Support Hotline is 416-447-5200.
A team of Intake Specialists will triage the calls and refer clients to the agency best suited to meet their needs. Referrals will be sent to the agencies based on client need, language and geography as well as capacity and resources at the agencies.
To Make a Referral to the NYTHP Community Support Hotline:
- Call 416-447-5200
- Speak with one of our Intake Specialists or leave a message and have your call returned within one business day
- Outline your need, issue or concern
- Provide your contact information or the service recipient’s contact information
- We will then have the agency best suited to meet your needs call you back