Are you entering the criminal justice system?
Are you also experiencing problems relating to substance or alcohol use?
If eligible, our Court Support Program can help you navigate the criminal justice system and help you connect with the appropriate addiction and mental health services within the community.
Who We Help
This program is designed for those who:
- Are 12 years and older
- Are involved in the criminal justice system (Newmarket court)
- Have a substance use issue
- Are not likely to re-offend with appropriate supports and treatment
- Do not pose a risk to the community
How We Help
The program offers:
- Ongoing support to the individual and families throughout the court process
- Consulting with client and duty counsel or their lawyer
- Assisting clients with requests or questions they may have for duty counsel or their lawyer
- Coordinating a return to court date with client and duty counsel or lawyer
- Consultation with clients’ social and community supports
- Following up on clients’ progress outside of court
- Providing consultation, education, and advocacy regarding concurrent disorders to clients’ support networks and to court staff
- Assisting individuals in accessing legal aid, bail and other necessary services
- Referring individuals to appropriate social services and support networks
Where We Help
- The Court Support program is offered at the Newmarket Courthouse.