Are you homeless or precariously housed in York Region?
Are you living with addiction or addiction with presenting symptoms of mental illness in the absence of a formal diagnosis?
The Housing First Program (HFP) is a community based service offered in partnership with Canadian Mental Health Association – Toronto, Across Boundaries, and Canadian Mental Health Association – York & South Simcoe.
Who We Help
Individuals who are:
- Aged 16 and older
- Homeless or precariously housed in York Region
- Living with addiction or addiction with presenting symptoms of mental illness in the absence of a formal diagnosis
Individuals will not be excluded on the basis of: continued use of substances, not taking medication, or involvement in the criminal justice system.
How We Help
The program offers:
- Regular meetings with your case manager in your home, in the community, or in our office
- Help in navigating the housing market to find and secure suitable housing
- Support with social and community integration
- Supportive counselling, referral to primary care, employment, education, or substance misuse treatment, as needed
- Collaborative development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan
Where We Help
- The Housing First Program is offered in York Region.