Addiction Supportive Housing
Are you inadequately housed, homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless and experiencing problems with drugs or alcohol?
Our Addictions Supportive Housing (ASH) Program is offered in partnership with LOFT Crosslinks Housing and Support Services. It is designed to improve the overall well-being of its clients. We work with you to identify the behaviours and barriers that relate to your substance use and develop an individualized treatment plan.
Who We Help
We assist those who:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have chronic homelessness
- Problematic substance use or concurrent disorders
- High intensity of service use of one or more of the following systems: Hospital Emergency Departments, Withdrawal Management Services, or contact with the Justice System
How We Help
ASH clients are housed in one of 8 affordable units and are supported by a case manager with weekly service visits. This fosters opportunities for individuals to stabilize and work to re-establish connections within the community.
The program offers:
- Standardized assessments
- Single apartment dwelling
- Comprehensive and ongoing treatment plans
- Case management and addictions counselling services
- Referrals to appropriate treatment services
- Independent life skills training and support
Note: As the program has only 8 units and vacancy rate is very low, the wait for housing could be very long.
Where We Help
- The program is offered to adults in York Region.
- If you do not live in York Region, you are still able to apply for this program as long as you are planning to move into York Region to receive services.