Are you homeless or at risk of becoming homeless?
Are you experiencing problems with drugs or alcohol with symptoms of mental illness without a formal diagnosis?
The Housing First Program (HFP) is a community based service offered in partnership with:
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Toronto,
- Across Boundaries, and
- Canadian Mental Health Association – York & South Simcoe.
Who We Help
Individuals who are:
- Aged 16 and older
- Homeless or at risk of being homeless within the Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) boundaries, which includes parts of northern Toronto, parts of Etobicoke, most of York Region, and South Simcoe County. View Central LHIN Boundary Map (PDF)
- Experiencing problems with drugs and/or alcohol
- Experiencing symptoms of mental illness without a formal diagnosis
Individuals will not be excluded on the basis of: continued use of substances, not taking medication, or involvement in the criminal justice system.
How We Help
The program offers:
- Regular meetings with your case manager in your home, in the community, or in our office
- Help in navigating the housing market to find and secure suitable housing
- Support with social and community integration
- Supportive counselling, referral to primary care, employment, education, or substance misuse treatment, as needed
- Collaborative development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan
Where We Help
- The Housing First Program is offered throughout the Central LHIN. View Central LHIN Boundary Map (PDF)