Is gambling interfering with your relationships with friends and family?
Are you concerned about a loved-one’s gambling?
Is gambling getting harder and harder to control?
The Problem Gambling Program (PGP) provides counselling support to individuals struggling with gambling issues. It takes a client-centered approach which motivates and empowers clients to take charge of their recovery, to help clients reduce their engagement in problem gambling, and to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The program is voluntary and individuals are welcome to self-refer. Referrals from other community agencies are accepted with the client’s consent.
Who We Help
We offer this program to individuals who are:
- 16 years of age or older, and live in York Region
- Preoccupied with gambling activites
- Struggling to cut back or control gambling behaviour
- Gambling with increased amounts of money
- Looking for ways to better control or abstain from gambling
How We Help
The program provides:
- A comprehensive assessment
- Referrals to appropriate services in the community
- Information and education about gambling and recovery
- Individual counselling
- Counselling support to family members of someone who is struggling with excessive gambling
- Group counselling
Where We Help
- The program is offered at our main office in Aurora as well as some of our satellite offices located in Markham and Vaughan.