Is gambling hurting your relationships with friends and family?
Are you concerned about a loved-one’s gambling?
Are you losing control to gambling?
The Problem Gambling Program (PGP) is a counselling program that provides intensive support to individuals who struggle with gambling issues. It takes a client-centered approach which motivates and empowers clients to take charge of their recovery, to help clients reduce their engagement in problem gambling, and to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The program is voluntary with clients referring themselves. Referrals from other community agencies are accepted with the client’s consent.
Who We Help
We offer this program to individuals:
- 16 years of age and older and live in York Region
- Preoccupied with gambling
- Unable to cut back or control gambling behaviour
- Gambling with increased amounts of money
- Chasing losses
- Who want to control this behaviour or abstain
How We Help
The program provides:
- A comprehensive problem gambling assessment
- Referrals to appropriate services in the community
- Information and education about gambling and recovery
- Individual counselling
- Counselling support to family members of someone who is struggling with excessive gambling
- Group counselling
Where We Help
- The program is offered at our main office in Aurora as well as some of our satellite offices located in Markham and Vaughan.