Is gambling interfering with your relationships with friends and family?
Are you concerned about a loved one’s gambling?
Is gambling getting harder and harder to control?
At ASYR, we focus on you and your recovery. Problem gambling is not just about losing money. Gambling problems can affect a person’s whole life. We believe in hope, respect, understanding your strengths and valuing your choices.
Who We Help
We offer this program to individuals and their families who are:
- 16 years of age or older
- Preoccupied with gambling activities
- Struggling to cut back or control gambling behaviour
- Gambling with increased amounts of money
- Looking for ways to better control or abstain from gambling
The program is voluntary and individuals are welcome to self-refer. Referrals from other community agencies are also accepted with the client’s consent.
How We Help
The Problem Gambling Program takes a client-centred approach which motivates and empowers you to take charge of your recovery, helps to reduce your engagement in problem gambling, and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The program offers:
- A comprehensive assessment
- Referrals to appropriate services in the community
- Information and education about gambling and recovery
- Individual counselling
- Counselling support to family members of someone who is struggling with excessive gambling
- Group counselling
Where We Help
The program is offered at our main office in Aurora as well as many of our satellite offices.