Do You Want to Quit Smoking?
If you are a client of ASYR or are the family member of a client and are interested in quitting smoking, please speak with your counsellor, nurse, case manager or peer support worker.
This specialized program is provided in collaboration with CAMH and offers appointments with access to free Nicotine Replacement Therapy and supportive counselling to assist with your goals to quit smoking!
The Stages of Quitting
- 20 minutes – heart rate and blood pressure drop back to normal levels
- 12 hours – level of carbon monoxide in the blood drops back to normal
- 2 weeks – circulation and lung function improve
- 6 weeks – your energy levels are through the roof!
- 6 months – Smoker’s cough and shortness of breath are disappearing and your lung capacity is greatly improved
- 1 year – risk of heart disease is half as high as a smoker’s!