Are you pregnant or have a child aged 0-6?
Are you concerned about your drug or alcohol use?
The Umbrellas Program offers unique programming to mothers with young children and pregnant women with substance use concerns. Many mothers facing the challenges associated with substance use often feel judged, and hesitate to seek treatment for fear that they will lose legal custody of their children.
Treatment focuses on attending to stigma, guilt, trauma, dysfunction and empowering and improving parenting. It focuses on supporting mothers by removing barriers and establishing linkages to integrated supports and services for both women and children.
Who We Help
- Women aged 16 and older who are pregnant and/or parenting young children aged 0 to 6 years of age
- Live in York Region
- Women who are pregnant
- Women with children under six-years-old
- Women concerned about their drug or alcohol use
How We Help
The Umbrellas Program offers information on:
- How using drugs, alcohol or medication affects a baby
- How to stop using drugs or alcohol
- The impacts of medications
- If it is more dangerous to stop than to keep using drugs or alcohol
As well as:
- Working with you to create a treatment program to meet your goals
- Connecting clients other services, such as financial assistance
- Collaborating with York Region Children’s Aid Society (YRCAS)
Where We Help
- The program is offered at our main office in Aurora and in our Keswick satellite office.