Are you pregnant or have a child aged 0-7?
Are you concerned about your drug or alcohol use?
The Umbrellas Program offers unique programming to pregnant women and mothers of young children with substance use concerns. Many mothers facing the challenges associated with substance use often feel judged, and hesitate to seek treatment for fear that they will lose legal custody of their children.
Treatment focuses on attending to stigma, guilt, trauma, effects of addiction and empowerment. It focuses on supporting mothers to remove barriers and establish linkages to integrated supports and services for both women and their children.
Who We Help
- Women aged 16 and older who are pregnant
- Women parenting children under the age of 8
- Women living in York Region
How We Help
The Umbrellas Program offers:
- Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Face to Face Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Education and Consultation on issues of Substance Use
- Assistance with Child Welfare
- Referrals to Parenting Programs
- Referrals to Community Partners
Where We Help
- The program is offered at our main office in Aurora, in our Keswick satellite office and throughout the York Region Community.