Are you pregnant or have a child who is 10 years of age or younger?
Are you concerned about your drug or alcohol use?
At ASYR, we focus on you and your recovery. We understand controlling the use of drugs or alcohol may be difficult without support. We also know the stigma you may be feeling. We believe in hope, respect, understanding your strengths and valuing your choices.
Who We Help
We offer our Umbrellas Program to pregnant women and/or mothers who:
- Are 16 years of age and older
- Are concerned about the impact their substance use is having on their life
- Have at least one child on the way, or a child who is 10 years of age or younger
The program is voluntary, with clients referring themselves. Referrals from other community agencies are also accepted with the client’s consent.
How We Help
As a pregnant woman or mother you may be facing many challenges associated with substance use; feeling judged and possibly fearful that you may lose legal custody of your children. We will work with you to choose treatment goals that support your well-being and your parent-child relationship(s).
Our Umbrellas Program offers:
- Assessment and treatment planning
- Individual counselling
- Group counselling
- Education and consultation on issues of substance use
- Assistance with child welfare
- Referrals to parenting programs
- Referrals to community partners
- Some child care programming
Where We Help
The program is offered at our main office in Aurora, as well as many of our satellite offices.