Youth & Family
Thanks for checking out our Youth & Family Program. Here, you’ll find all the information you need to help you understand what we offer to young people and their families.
Who We Help
- Young people between the ages of 12 and 24, and their families and parents, who want to make changes connected with drug or alcohol use. Even if you’re not sure about what you want, we’d still love to meet with you to talk about it!
How We Help
Our Youth & Family Program offers:
- Counselling, including a full assessment of where things are at, and what you’d like to do. Counselling is always a partnership between you and your Counsellor; your voice matters to us!
- Our focus is on reducing any harms that happen when drug or alcohol use becomes a problem. You can read more about our agency’s Clinical Philosophy.
- A Youth Substance Use Group
Where We Help
- We’ll meet with you at our main office in Aurora, or in one of our satellite offices in Keswick, Markham, Richmond Hill, or Vaughan.
- If you’re a student at a secondary school with the YRDSB, we can even meet you right at your school so you don’t have to worry about how to get to us! Check with your school Guidance Department to make a referral.
So Why Do It
- Because we can’t always handle everything on our own; sometimes we need someone to talk to or give a different perspective…Oh, and did we mention, there’s no charge for any service in this program.
Parents – What About You?
Parents and primary caregivers are also welcome to connect for services. We offer:
- An 8-week Parent Group that meets together to find support, and share ideas and strategies with other parents going through a similar experience. The group is led by two of our experienced counsellors.
- Parent support sessions for both individuals and as a couple.
- Family Consults, which can be a great first step if you and your youth want to meet with a counsellor for a session to discuss your options and find the best fit for you.